Midwest Special Needs Trust (MSNT) Contact Information
In November, 2012, MSNT relocated to a new address, requiring changes to MSNT phone numbers. If you have not already done so, please update your records to reflect the following updated contact information.
Midwest Special Needs Trust
PO Box 7629
Columbia, MO 65205
Phone : 573-256-5055
Toll Free : 877-239-8055
Fax : 573-303-5866
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Using the proper address is very important if trust deposits are made by a third party such as an insurance company making periodic annuity payments directly to the trust. MSNT has made every effort to advise these entities of the address change but, in some instances, they require that the change be authorized by a party other than MSNT as trustee. If future annuity payments will be made to a trust, please confirm with MSNT that the payments are properly addressed and advise the third party payor for future annuity payments or other trust deposits.
Midwest Special Needs Trust (MSNT) Geographic Service Area
*Check with MSNT regarding limitations for establishing and administering Iowa Medicaid payback trusts.
MSNT accepts trusts for individuals with disabilities residing in the states listed above. MSNT encourages attorneys and families to contact our office with any questions about policies for establishing and administering a special needs trust.
Midwest Special Needs Trust (MSNT) State Statutes
Sections of Chapter 402 of the Revised Statutes of Missouri that govern the Midwest Special Needs Trust (MSNT) operations were substantially revised in the 2011 legislative session. The revisions took effect on August 28, 2011. MSNT trust documents have been updated consistent with the statutory changes. MSNT governing statutes (Chapter 402, Sections 402.199 through 402.208) are available for review at the link provided below.
Why Choose MSNT as Trustee?
Supports a charitable mission to assist indigent Missourians with disabilities with grants up to $1000 for needs such as assistive technology, community integration, communication software and devices, dentures and other unmet needs
- More than 20 years of experience exclusively administering special needs trusts
- Extensive working knowledge of public benefits and eligibility to protect the beneficiary’s access to important Social Security cash benefits and Medicaid
- MSNT’s mission is to allow low to middle income families and individuals with disabilities access to professional trust administration services
- Enrollment fee can be reduced based on income for small trusts
- Affordable administrative fees for trust administration
- Low required minimum trust account balance of $500
- Inactive trust can be established with minimal deposit for future life insurance or other funds to be received at a later date
- Qualified pooled trust which –
- allows individuals with disabilities to establish a first party trust when they receive a retroactive lump sum Social Security benefit, personal injury settlement or an inheritance in their name
- may allow individuals with disabilities who are 65 and older to establish a trust without transfer penalties in some states
- Relieves family burden by assisting with distributions to assure that distributions will not be counted as income, reduce public benefits, or otherwise disqualify the beneficiary for benefits
Before completing and submitting trust documents to establish a trust, check with MSNT to determine whether the state the beneficiary resides in will impose transfer penalties.